Nobody likes doing laundry but it’s something we all have to do, in order to keep your laundry fresher for longer you can follow our handy tips below:
- Choose the best possible washer and dryer that you can. The better the quality, the better it will do its job and the longer it will last. Whether you choose a washer-dryer combo or you buy separate machines with or without a stacking kit, just be sure to get the very best you can for your budget. There are a lot of great washers and dryers available these days, the more energy efficient it is, the more it will cost upfront but will save you money in the long run.
- Use laundry perfume, this will make your clothes smell much fresher for longer so even if you don’t wear them straight after laundering they will continue to smell fresh and look crisp whenever you are ready to wear them. Laundry scent booster is a concentrated blend of essential oils that is specifically formulated to enhance the performance of your washing machine.
- Fold your clothes right away, for some people folding is even worse than the laundry itself. But if you can manage to fold your clothes as soon as you take them out of the dryer, you will really reap the benefits as they will also require less ironing. When your clothes are neatly folded and placed in a drawer or closet, it gives the impression that you take care of your belongings. This can boost your self-confidence and make you feel more organised and in control.
- Whenever possible, remove your clothes from the dryer as soon as it finishes. If you do this, you may even be able to get away with not ironing them especially if the load is casual wear like t-shirts and sweaters. If that isn't possible, run the dryer another 10-15 minutes when you get home, then remove them.
- Don’t wash anything that should be dry cleaned. Suits, trench coats and designer dresses should all be dry cleaned and not put in the washing machine. Washing these items with water will eventually spoil the fabric and make them look old when they could easily last for years and years. Professional dry cleaners use state-of-the-art equipment that heats and dries the clothing without ever exposing it to water or chemicals. This means that your clothes are safe from damage, and they'll look and feel like new when they come back from the dry cleaners.
Some other important tips include separating your laundry into whites and colours to avoid colour runs and fading. Only washing your clothes in small loads to ensure they are properly clean, using a mesh bag to keep socks and other small items together.
My Care Plus Protect has created a number of products to make your laundry life easier. From laundry scent boosters to washer-dryer stacking kits and even iron degreasers and maintenance kits, we have everything you could possibly need to make the chore of laundry that little bit easier.